+ISDX (advanced) Pro/SURFACE Level 7
Course Duration: 16 Hours
Tuition: $1200.00 US
Overview: This course has been developed
around aircraft forms that do not require aerodynamic flow for areas around
inlets and where fuselage meets wings.
Prerequisite: This workshop has been
specifically designed for those already with a high level of Pro/SURFACE
and some experience using ISDX. Extensive experience with Pro/SURFACE
and prior ISDX experience required. It is strongly recommended to take
our Level 2 or 3 Pro/SURFACE workshop prior to this course.
- Compare ISDX to Alias modeling techniques and discuss difference between
each for approach.
- Discuss three part to four part boundary trickery.
- Create ridiculously robust models utilizing lattice structures. Discuss
incorporating handles for further control and understanding over surfaces
that look at those curves.
- Students can if interested explore curvature continuity (G2) and multiple
plan of attack by looking at existing products.
- This course is usually customized to focus on the students learning
wishes and company projects. Bring example work or problematic models
on CD ROM for in context discussions.
- We supplement this training with technique utilized by Alias style
techniques utilized in the automotive industry.
- Hands on efforts through as many as ten tutorials that illustrate
thru computer examples.
- Discuss proving form and go over techniques for proving form. ideation.
i.e. get to multiple 3d iterations within hours instead of days.
- Discuss with examples advanced functions of ISDX and go over it's
weaknesses and strengths comparing to other hi-end industry standard
- Discuss light reflections with respect to subconscious understanding
of the 3d form.
- Discuss strengths for utilizing parametric curves in combinations
with ISDX free form curves.
- Discuss standard modeling techniques with respect to industry standards.
- Discuss plan of attack and approach for capturing form from foam
models or ID sketches.
This course can and has been customized for specific product lines.
CAD managers or product managers should call to inquire about
custom tutorial development specific toward your specific industry.
Inquire about costs for onsite training. We also offer a subscription for
This class is administered differently to Engineers who are interested
in capturing form from those industrial designers interested in proving
form using this simply amazing software.
- Expect to be one of two in this course.
- Can be offered anytime so call to schedule.